That is the Best description of Rest Ive read! Now I get it – I used to think it was just another competing way of getting information like RPC, SOAP, etc. But I understand from your article that it is a universal way of mapping information
- Roy Fielding’s name is on the HTTP specification.
- The HTTP protocol capabilities are not always utilized.
- http address tells you the location of something anywhere in the world
- REST is an architectural style. It defines a resource which the web address points to. Each resource are simply concepts
- A web page is a representation of a resource. There are many other formats for resources. Therefore, browser can prompt for a certain representation of a concept. Thus, the URL or web address to “the something” can be thought of as a noun.
- Rest allows you to assign verbs to the nouns in away that makes sense (get,put,delete).
No comments yet.