The tutorial(s) for Droids is where I decided where to start learning about Phone Gap .
$ c:/ruby186/bin/ruby droidgap c:/appdev/java/android-sdk-windows/ TestGap TestGap.com.example “c:/www/” “c:/aocapps3”
- Android Adventure
- Phone Gap Development (both)
- Multiplatform Mobile (both)
- native app fragmentation : “Every Android device had a different screen resolution. Every hardware feature had to be checked, since every Android device had different hardware configurations”
- dom manipulation for cross rowser incompatibilities
- offline storage
- Phone gap internals for apple’s platform uses the public sdk and objective C .
- How you get your app to work for multiplatforms. Mobile web is the solution. Write once, get everywhere using web.
- write web apps use phone gap to package applications
- iphone devcamp aug 2008- instantiate web view call out from javscript api to native object c, only was throw url browser
- geo, camera, sensor, vibration, sound, video, contacts, compass,anything browser can do
- phonegap.jss www folder and index.html
- starting point , can still do native at same time
- compatiblity among platforms : mobile spec written in Qunit which is async
Phone Gap tutorial(s) for Iphone:
- Jessie Macfadyen tutorial
- Jonathan’s Stark’s Book with Phone Gap coverage
- Quick Start Guide
- Phone Gap vs Titanium